Saturday, January 30, 2010

Algeria 0 - Egypt 4

Thursday was the Egypt vs Algeria soccer game.  This was quite a big game for Egypt and I spent the evening walking around downtown.  Cairo is a rather bustling city with lots of traffic, people and noise.  It was quite amazing how the city pretty much came to a halt during the match.  Everywhere you looked, every alley, open space, restaurant or store had a TV and a crowd huddled around to watch the match.

   


Well Egypt won and the celebration spilled into the streets and continued well into the night.  I was luck to be right smack in the middle of it all.  Had I not known what was going on I would have thought that this was a riot or protest but it was the country united in sheer crazy happiness for their home team.


1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing! I am so glad you are blogging!
    love you! p

    ReplyDelete